Monday, July 1, 2013

Birthday Month!

Today marks a period of time during which I like to declare My Birthday Month.  I love having a birthday in the summer, and more importantly, the day after our country's birthday.  'Merica. 

And this year, we leave for a weeklong vacation in the Outer Banks the day after my birthday.  All I gotta get through is three days this week, and I don't have to come back to reality for a week and a half.  I can taste the Bloody Mary and smell the salty sea breeze already.

The last few days added up to a pretty laid back weekend, which was awesome.  Friday night was pretty pink vodka drinks on the couch in the A/C, and ham steaks on the grill.  There was also a pretty mean round of Bananagrams.
What married Friday nights are made of.
Saturday morning, we woke up early, I made eggs benedict, and we headed out to run some errands.  I wish I would've taken a picture of the meat heaven that we visited in Elizabethtown.  When I asked for a delmonico steak, the girl at the counter sliced it off a huge hunk of cow (not the actual cow), and Beast got a fresh thick-cut pork chop.  I grilled them later that night and they were spectacular.  Sorry, Karn's, but I've found myself a new meat slinger (that's what she said).

Probably the best part of the weekend: as of yesterday, we never have to step foot in our apartment again.  The place is empty, clean, and the keys have been turned in for eternity.  Such a great feeling.

Last night for dinner, I made jalapeno bacon apple grilled cheese sandwiches and OH.  EM.  GEE.  I totally recommend getting the few ingredients and making one of these for yourself. 


As a side, we had Paula Deen's broccoli salad.  Don't worry, Paula, I got your back, girl.

Aaaaaand now it's Monday again...three more days...three more days...three more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment