Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Pick Things Up and Put Them Down

So, I finally joined the gym near our new house.  I think the weights were actually laughing at me as I struggled to do a shoulder press with only 20 pounds.  And the fact that they have mirrors in front of most of the machines in the "Lady Gold's" section of the gym isn't super encouraging, however, there was no way in hell I was venturing out into the Gorilla-ville that was the main portion of the gym at 5:30 PM on a weeknight.

I will GLADLY wake up at 0:dark30 and go that early to avoid people, but I wanted to at least get my membership done since they were running a special through Wednesday.  Miah (I'm tired of trying to remember everyone's nickname and come up with new ones) and I both signed up, with a $0 enrollment fee (usually $70 each) AND only $22 each per month.  SCORE!

Funny Confession Ecard: I always feel so much more attractive at Walmart, than I do at the gym.

After I got home, I had two vodka and OJs, some chips, and a BLT and a half, so that was pretty healthy.  Tonight I'm making an actual meal - porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob.  I'll try and remember to take a picture, since the main premise of this blog is cooking.  Oops.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I also have a bad habit of rewarding a workout with a mix drink or two ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, I forgot to take a water to the gym with me, so I was parched by the time I got home. Obviously vodka is an excellent thirst-quencher!

      Delete