Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peace Out, July

So, July is over today.  Not really sure how that happened, but it was a pretty spectacular month.  My birthday, 11 days off work, a weeklong vacation in Corolla, a Nissley trip, and a camping weekend...not too shabby.  And August will kick off with a float down the Juniata River and a night at the Rum-de-Gun Resort, the finest establishment in Perry County!

Last night was really nice, just getting to relax and not having anywhere to be but home.  The steaks turned out great, but I don't think I'll make a habit of buying that cut - the bone really gets in the way of the meat enjoyment [that's what she said].


The mashed potatoes turned out great - in addition to the standard milk and butter, I threw in some cream cheese with chives and bacon I had leftover from the BLTs the night before.  Really, anything with the word "cream" in the title will make your mashed potatoes so much better (cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream...whatever ya got).

I just opened that stick of butter for this meal - over half a stick GONE.
After dinner, we took the cat outside and sat out back for a bit.  She was hanging out on her leash in the yard for a while, and when we brought her back onto the porch, she somehow got herself tangled up in my chair and slipped out of her harness.  Not one to put down my wine in any situation, I of course still had it in my hand when I grabbed her and tossed her inside, consequently dumping red wine on my tan cat, and all over the outdoor carpet.  It was really pretty hilarious.

Explorer Kitty, BEFORE the wine incident.
Tonight is a volleyball game, that I'll be attending solo since Miah is doing a side job...makin' that paper, yo.  I have boneless skinless chicken thighs in two different marinades in the fridge - one in Sweet Baby Ray's, and the other in an Asian marinade I found on Pinterest.  Lots of soy sauce and brown sugar involved, so I'm sure it'll be delish.  Pictures to come tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Psht, that stick of butter ain't nothin'! I use at least an entire stick with just mashed potatoes alone, haha.

    ReplyDelete