Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spicy Meals and Birthday Gifts

Another spectacular meal last night by moi, if I do say so myself.  I made jalapeno popper chicken - one of those things where I basically threw a bunch of shit inside a chicken breast and hoped for the best.  Recipe below!

Those carrots were awesome too - lots of brown sugar and butter involved.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half length-wise, then pounded thin
4 oz. (half a block) cream cheese
4 oz. (half a block) monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 T of french onion chip dip...trust me, it's delicious
2 jalapenos, chopped (I took the seeds out of one of them, and left the other's in - perfect heat)
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
Panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, dip, jalapenos, garlic powder, and onion salt together.  Spread the mixture on one end of the chicken breast, and roll up.  This recipe will make four "rolls." 
Spray each piece with cooking spray, and roll in the panko bread crumbs.
Pour the chicken broth into an 8x8 baking dish, and place the chicken in the broth (should be about a 1/4 inch of broth in the pan).
Sprinkle extra bread crumbs on the chicken and bake for about 30-40 minutes.


After dinner, we were sitting there watching TV, and all of a sudden, Beast grabs his keys and says, "I'll be back...I'm going to get your birthday present." 

[one episode of Real Housewives of NJ later...]




And this bad boy was on our back porch, with a bow on it!  I thought about setting it up in the living room and sleeping there, but I figure there's plenty of time for slumber on it next week at the beach.  Thanks, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment