Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back to Regularly Scheduled Blogging

Now that you've been able to thoroughly relive my vacation, it's back to my regular old life, and blogging about said boring life.

First of all, how is today only Thursday?  This week has been a killer for me, with a volleyball doubleheader on Tuesday, the Harrisburg Mile yesterday, and another volleyball game tonight.  And in case you've been living under a rock, it's approximately eleventy-billion degrees outside with ninety-teen percent humidity.  Not exactly ideal for outdoor activities.

It's been awhile since I've graced you all with my glorious skillz in the kitchen, and even though I made this Monday night, it was pretty bangin' so I thought I'd share.

We had leftover Italian sausage from the beach, and I snatched an unopened box of fettucine that someone else left in the kitchen.  Add all that to some baby portabella mushrooms I picked up at the store, and a jar of sauce from the pantry, and BAM:

Obviously the pasta came in at a later point.

Recipe, kids!  This'll make enough for two people, with two small portions leftover for lunch the next day.

3 or 4 links of Italian sausage, removed from casing (I used 2 spicy and 2 mild)
1/2 a yellow onion
1 small box of baby bella mushrooms
1-2 T butter
3/4 of a jar of Prego fresh mushroom sauce
1/2 box of fettucine, cooked

Saute the sausage until cooked through.  Remove sausage from pan and place onto a plate with paper towels to soak up the grease.  Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, adding butter as needed.  I think I also threw in a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, along with some garlic powder.

Once the veggies are soft, add the sausage back in, as well as the sauce.  Pour over your noodles and prepare for a flavor explosion in your mouth!

I probably won't be cooking again until the weekend; I have to make some sort of snacky snack to take to a local winery for their summer concert on Saturday.  If it looks yummy, and isn't chips and dip, I'll be sure to post a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment