Friday, June 21, 2013

Shits and Giggles Friday

I'm a big fan of lists.  I make lists for everything.  I have a checklist template for every type of trip we've ever taken saved on my computer, I have a checklist app on my iPhone, and basically it's just my OCD way of keeping my shit together.

Therefore, every Friday, I will present you with TWO lists:

Shits - things that irritate me, things I hate (spoiler alert: it's people), and any other annoying thing that is currently happening.

Giggles - the exact opposite, obvi.

You get the point.  These lists will sometimes be short, and maybe I won't always have anything shitty to list (unlikely), but I will try and keep it consistent and post one each week.

SHITS

1. Last night, our neighbors just pointed out where our property line is, in the backyard.  Summary of the conversation: we don't have a backyard.

2. I have zero desire to be at work today.  It's going to be gorgeous outside, and I would love to lay in my back front yard all day!  Expect this to be a recurring item on the Shits List.

3.  There's been a smushed, dead deer on the road that I've driven past every day this week.  I just realized today that it's now missing its legs, apparently they've been hacked off by a passing vehicle.  Gross.

GIGGLES

1. OH LAWD JESUS, WE HAVE HOT WATER!  I finally took a hot shower last night - AND this morning, just because I could.

2. My mom is coming to visit this weekend, yay!  It makes me super happy to be able to hang out with her without any distractions (read: siblings) and we can just sit around, bitch about everything, and have a glass of wine or five.

3. Also, another exciting individual that will be at our home this weekend is Crazy Pants (Beast's daughter/my stepdaughter)!  She's been on vacation for the past week, and she hasn't seen the new house yet.  I can't wait for her to see her new room - she was overjoyed about the fact that we have stairs, so I'm pretty sure it won't take much to put a smile on her face when she walks into her bedroom.

4. I jammed out to some old school Julie Roberts on the way to work today; I love listening to music from years past, it really makes me happy.  Today's music is mostly garbage (with the exception of Mumf; love me some Mumf).  Probably 90% of the time, I listen to the 90s station on Sirius, or another awesome throwback Pandora station, One Headlight (thanks to Kelly for the tip on that one).

5. On my elevator ride to work today, an old man said good morning to me, and I responded with a standard, "Good morning, how are you?"  He replied that he was doing "extra great" today, and that today was his last day, after almost 30 years of service.  I dream about the day I can say that to some young whippersnapper in the elevator on a Friday.



My burgers were great last night, as per the usual.  There may or may not be spinach artichoke dip slathered on my bun.

I've been trying for 10 minutes to rotate this stupid picture to no avail. It still looks delicious, though, right?
 I'm trying two new recipes tonight for dinner: chicken skewers and roasted brussels sprouts.  I'll work on my picture posting skills and hopefully you won't need to see a chiropractor after looking at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment