Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drivin' on the Edge of Danger

Over the past few mornings, I've come to the realization that my new commute to work is quite dangerous.  Not dangerous in that scared-someone-might-pop-a-cap-in-my-ass way (although having to drive down 17th Street in the city can be a little dicey), but dangerous in the sense that I now pass the following establishments each and every morning:
  • Dunkin Donuts
  • Sheetz
  • McDonald's
  • Panera
I can't even tell you how much I. LOVE. PANERA.  I've already decided that I'm stopping there for breakfast tomorrow morning (payday, bitches!).  Also, I'm probably going to need to take up a second job in order to keep up with my newly acquired DD iced coffee addiction.  Pretty positive the main ingredient is crack, but hey, at $2.64 for a medium, I feel like that's a steal.

So my friend, Kelly, came over last night and can I just tell you how awesome it is to have guests over to my house and not be completely embarrassed of where I live?  It was so nice to sit on the patio (again) with great food (prepared by moi, of course), great wine (Kelly brought over a pinot noir by Mark West - along with her own personal no-headache-in-the-morning guarantee), and a great friend.  I'm fighting the urge to use a smiley face, as I'm trying my hardest to act like a real writer here.



Oh, hey, LOOK!  I remembered to take a picture!

Loving the way the salsa is glistening in the sun.  Totally tried that.
The spinach and artichoke dip was bangin' - probably the best I've ever had, seriously.  I cut the recipe in half, which was perfect for two people, plus enough leftover for Beast to scrape the mini-crock-pot clean.

Every time I make salsa, people rave about it.  I laugh at people when they say how great it is (probably because I'm an asshole), since it's mostly canned ingredients and stuff you already have in your pantry.

1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 teeny tiny can of diced green chiles
1/4 of a small yellow onion
2-3 garlic cloves
1 shit ton of cilantro (very precise measurement)
1 serrano pepper (if you like it less spicy, use a jalapeno and remove the seeds)
1 T lemon juice
1 T vinegar (I use different kinds, this time I used balsamic because I already had it out for the tomatoes)
1 t cumin
salt and pepper

Put all of these ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a blender, or if you're cool like me, you have one of these bad boys, which works even better.  Pulse until everything is pretty finely chopped, then add the tomatoes and pulse 5 or 6 times, until it's the consistency you like.



Tonight, we have a volleyball game right after work, so after that, we're having burgers on the grill (fancy), and a salad (super fancy).  My burgers are the best burgers you'll ever eat, so since I'm kind of a big deal, I'll have a picture and ingredient list for you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment