Tuesday, June 25, 2013

HOT.

Why is it all of a sudden 4 million degrees outside?  I love me some summer, but if I'm not near a body of water when it's scorching hot like this, I'm completely miserable.  It took me twice as long to blow dry my hair this morning - hey thanks, humidity.

Speaking of blow dryers, just in case anyone was wondering, they make a fine substitute for an iron.  Instructions below:

1. Run the wrinkly portion of clothing under water.
2. Stretch said clothing over a towel.
3. Blow dry.

Voila!  You're welcome.

Dinner last night was awesome - my mom brought us this fresh apple sausage when she came to visit the other day.  (Side note: bringing groceries to your children is actually something passed down through generations in my family, considering my grandmother gets things for my mother as well.)

Please try to ignore the class oozing out of this picture via the paper plate.
We could actually smell the apple flavor coming out of the sausage when we cut into it.  I didn't put any seasonings on it, but since the last two meals prepared on the grill were my steaks, it picked up all of that yummy goodness.  Totally delish.  And yes, that is cheesy broccoli from a frozen box.  (Again with the class.)  Also on the side are potatoes, grilled in a foil packet with butter and spices.  I sliced those babies paper-thin on my newly-acquired mandolin!

Super fancy with the star-shaped ice cubes - thanks, Wal-Mart.
Tonight, we have a volleyball game in the 98734562-degree weather, so that should be really fun.  I wouldn't expect much in the way of dinner pictures since we'll probably just be having ice water and popsicles.  And beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment