Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday, I Hate You

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loathe Monday, specifically in the summer months.  I've been having some pretty awesome weekends lately, and this past one was no exception.

Friday, I decided I couldn't bear the thought of a full 7.5-hour day, so I left an hour early.  I needed to stop at the store, and I hate having to do that after 5:00.  I made the cilantro-lime-sriracha chicken skewers and they turned out SO good. 

Anything on a stick is ten times tastier.
I was a good girl and only had 3 drinks all night, since my mom was coming Saturday morning afternoon (okay, it was only a few minutes after 12).  Her BFF/my "aunt" Cindy came along, and it was nice to relax on the patio with a few beers in the sunshine.  AND since food is always the main focal point of any gathering, after a quick trip to the Outlets, I grilled the shit out of some steaks.  My mom also brought some produce from a local farm and made a great salad to go along with it.

They left around 4, so I went over to my out-laws (my sister-in-law's parents' house - her dad dubbed me his daughter-out-law, since I'm not technically his daughter-in-law and we decided we needed a title for each other).  Beast and Crazy Pants were already there, and we basically commenced our regularly scheduled summertime weekend activities which includes lots of swimming, eating, and drinking.

I can assure you that I was not feeling very luxurious Sunday morning.
Sunday afternoon was a repeat of Saturday, only with less vodka.  Beast had to work for most of the day, which totally sucked, but somebody's gotta make that paper...dolla dolla bills, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment