Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back in the Blogging Game

So, yesterday, I deactivated my Facebook account.  This is a big deal, as I was probably spending a good portion of my day checking it, reading links from it, stalking people, etc., and it was really doing nothing for me.  Honestly, it was getting to the point where I really couldn't stand what about 90% of the people on my friends list were posting.  You and your child are on your way to the emeregency room?  And the first thing you thought to do was tell 300 people about it?  Seriously.  I deleted the app from my phone and removed the link from my bookmarks on my work computer.  As I posted on Instagram yesterday (not nearly as annoying/addicting as FB): #byefacebook #itsbeenreal.

Also, I realize that it's been a hot minute since I've posted anything on here, but we're going to ignore that tidbit and pretend that I never left.

In two days, Miah and I will have been married for a YEAR.  I still remember the day we decided, "Hey, what if we just got married next week one day and didn't tell anyone until after it was over?"  We were a little concerned that our family and friends would be upset with us, but once we started to spread the news, overall, it was pretty well-received. 

Doing it the way we did allowed us to celebrate several times, which was awesome - that day and following weekend, it was just us.  A few weekends after that, we celebrated with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and some of her family with a simple champagne toast on a lazy Sunday watching football at their house.  Later that month, my whole immediate-ish family all went out for a nice dinner together.  One of my favorite celebrations happened over the summer, when my sister-in-law put together the best surprise party ever for us at our favorite local winery and brewery.  The most recent and probably the most memorable of the wedding festivites was going to Mexico with some of our favorite people on the planet, and doing a vow renewal ceremony right on the water.


This weekend will conclude the year of partying with a weekend in Delaware, just the two of us, staying at two different B&Bs in the town where he proposed.  I am SO looking forward to it - the last time we went on a solo getaway was our sorta honeymoon, which was, hey, a year ago!

I will do my best to report back with some food and wine pics - I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment