Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I am still alive, for those of you who were wondering.  It's been a crazy couple of work days, as well as the weekend, but I've finally found the time to get a few words down.

ALSO, I made a new recipe last night, courtesy of The Pioneer Woman, whose life I would give my right arm to have.  Seriously, if you've never seen her show on the Food Network, don't torture yourself. 

Anywho, I made her salisbury steak, and it turned out amazing.  Throw away any images in your head of the frozen, gloppy, TV dinner-style recipe that you might have.  While it's not the most attractive thing ever, it sure as hell was delicious!

Anything covered in mushrooms and onions is heavenly.
Since the Pioneer Woman has 42 kids and a cowboy husband, the recipe made a little less than a shit ton.  I'll be having it again for lunch today, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

So, back up a little bit to the weekend, where we had grand plans of going camping Saturday and Sunday, just the two of us, following the "outage kickoff party" for Three Mile Island on Friday night, where my brother-in-law works.  Our out-laws also worked there (they're retired, but still get tickets to the parties), so we typically get to buy their "+1" tickets and go to the Christmas parties, so we were pretty excited about going to a summer party at a local golf course.

Friday evening comes, we pick up Miah's brother at his house, and he informs us that we're meeting Micah (his wife) and some others at the Vineyard at Hershey to have a glass of wine or two before the party.  Okay, fine.  We get there, and after talking to the employee at the door, he directs us to where they're sitting.  We found Micah after wandering around for a few minutes, and received a HUGE surprise: she threw us a freaking wedding party/reception, and somehow managed to pull it off without us having any idea.

My first reaction was of course to scream, "SHUT. UP." because I'm super ladylike, and then begin to bawl my eyes out.  The whole thing was so awesome, the decorations were perfect, the food was outstanding, the weather was great, and the wine was spectacular, as usual.

Unfortunately, I have zero pictures of anything because I was too much of a mess to take any.  My sister-in-law took a bunch though, so I'll post them when I have them.

Saturday was consequently spent laying by the pool, because of the large amounts of wine and beer consumed. 

Overall, it was a fantastic weekend, even though we did absolutely nothing as planned.  Weekends are funny like that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment