Monday, August 26, 2013

Hey, you're a crazy week...

Is it weird that I sometimes miss the "first day of school" feeling?  I haven't been a student in almost 10 years, but I still can remember how exciting the first day was.  And although I can sort of live vicariously through Emma, I really can't wait to have my own kids to see off to school the last week of August.  I want to be able to post a picture on Facebook of my smiling kindergartener with a backpack bigger than him or her.

Speaking of kids, my weekend was filled with soccer, soccer, and more soccer.  Unfortunately they didn't fare too well in the tournament, and it felt like it was 142 degrees on the turf field they played on, but I think she had fun nonetheless.  I would have a better time if it weren't for the negativity spewing out of some of the parents after/during every loss.  Newsflash: they're 10 years old, and this is not the World Cup.

This week is going to be crazy, and I'm already stressed out about the fact that I basically have zero time to relax, other than tonight since we're going to a Senators game with tickets that have already been paid for.  I'm refereeing two volleyball playoff games Tuesday and Wednesday, and later on Tuesday, we have our online Fantasy Football draft.  Thursday I have a hair appointment with a new stylist at a new salon I've never been to.  I'm a little scared, and I'm hoping that it doesn't cost me 8 million dollars for highlights.

I can almost guarantee I will not be posting any recipes this week, as our tentative menu consists of the following:

Monday -- Spot dogs at the game
Tuesday -- grilled chicken breasts marinated in whatever bottled salad dressing I pull out of the pantry
Wednesday -- brats on the grill
Thursday -- pork tenderloin in the crock pot (if I'm feeling fancy, maybe I'll do something special with it and tell you all about it because I know everyone cares so much about what I'm cookingNOT)

And then it's Friday...we have a wedding on Saturday during the day, and a wine festival on Sunday.  And then, it's Labor Day.  Yay, for having a day off, but Boo, because it signifies the end of summer. 

Funny Labor Day Ecard: Remember to let yourself relax this Labor Day before letting yourself go this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment