Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring is in the Air

FINALLY.  I'm beginning to feel more like a happy person again.  It was still daylight at 7:00 PM last night, and it was fabulous.  It's amazing what a little extra sunshine and above-freezing temperatures will do for a girl.

This weekend was quite productive, and the sun was out!  After spending an hour and a half deciding where we going to eat on Friday after work, we ended up at the Parkside, which is always delightful.  Saturday morning, I woke up early and headed to TC for the day, making stops at my grandparents' house, my BFF's parents' house to pick up a few bottles of the best water ever, and the elementary school to see my mom, before heading to another BFF's house to play arts and crafts and drink wine.  Sunday was spent cleaning and organizing, and I also made one of my favorite meals in the world, Ham and Green Beans. 

We went to the gym this morning for the first time in probably two months, and it was great.  I started a "running for beginners" plan, since I'm in terrible shape.  It's a 12-week program, so we'll see how long this lasts.  Also, my co-workers and I started a 30-day "arm challenge" at the beginning of the month, which includes various amounts of push-ups and chair dips, plus planks, for anywhere from 15 to 90 seconds.  I like it, and even if I don't do a whole workout, it's a quick thing that takes less than 5 minutes to do every day.

In addition to all of that, I've been going to physical therapy for 4 weeks now, and I feel like my back is going to be #beast this summer from all of the exercises.  Also, my back/neck pain is actually going away, or at least feeling better, for the first time in almost six years.  Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment