Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oldhead

I am officially old.  I was home by 8:30 last night, on St. Patrick's Day, and in bed by 10:00.  I had five-ish drinks or so, and I was at work, on time, and functioning this morning.  And I'm totally okay with that.  It seems like it's been a decade, when in reality it was only three years ago, that I started my day at 7 AM drinking green beer and eating an Irish breakfast before work.  Once the workday was over, on that same day, going out for "happy hour" turned into something more like a Happy Evening, and quite an Unhappy Morning.  Good times, but I'm glad that stage of my life has ceased.

Moving on...this past weekend included all of my favorite things: food, family and friends, drinks, and sunshine.  Friday night, we tried out a new-to-us restaurant, Smoked BBQ, and it was great.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for authentic barbecue, without an overly smoky taste.  That's one of my biggest pet peeves; I prefer my meat to taste like meat, not woodchips.  I got the Bleu Rachel sandwich, which had thick-sliced turkey breast that was smoked perfectly, topped with bleu cheese and a creamy apple slaw, on the biggest pieces of toasted rye bread I've ever seen.  Amazeballs.

On Saturday, my mom, sister, and sister's BFF/basically my other sister, came down for lunch and outlet-shopping, so we hit up our favorite wing joint, the Boro.  It was outstanding as usual.  Later in the day, an impromptu cookout turned into an all-night gathering at my brother-in-law's house, which was super fun.  It was so nice to be outside, even if it was a tad chilly. 

Emma's first outdoor soccer tournament of the season is this weekend, here's hoping it's above 50 degrees and the sun is shining!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that morning/night/unhappy next morning. How can something be so fun yet so awful at the same time? Haha

    ReplyDelete